Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back in Touch

Finally got an internet connection again.

We are in Columbus, MT headed for Buffalo, WY tomorrow via Beartooth Pass. We will skirt the edge of Yellowstone but will not go in.

We read and debated about changing our plans due to the fires in Montana and then the night we arrived in Boise a fire started in the forest just off the road we were planning to take out. We took it anyway the next morning but I think they closed it right behind us:



The ride north out of Boise (after the fire) was phenomenal! 55 to 12 over Lolo pass into Missoula is just great. I'll save the details for later when I've got pictures but for now I'll say that those two roads would have made the trip worth doing even if all the rest didn't measure up. All the rest did though.

We stayed the night in Kalispell, MT then headed into Glacier National Park the next morning and spent the whole day.

This moring we headed east and stopped in Columbus so we can head south in the morning. I can't believe this is almost over already. It's been absolutely great from the start.

More detail later. I need to get the pics off my camera and even then I'm afraid they won't do this trip justice.

No comments: