Thursday, May 21, 2009

'Twas the night before...

The bag is packed. The bike is ready. The planning is finished. The Garmin is loaded. There are fresh batteries in the camera. And yes, I even installed a cup holder (I can’t let Mitch be the only one.) I’m a wake-up and a shower away from the eagerly anticipated, annual motorcycle adventure extraordinaire.

The weather appears to be somewhat less than cooperative for the planned departure time but I will be leaving regardless rain or no rain. I didn’t say “rain or shine” because at 4AM nothing shines.

I don’t expect anything exciting to happen on the first day. I’m basically just riding to Lubbock then Jason and I will ride to Garland. Nothing fancy, so side trips, no fascinating stops, just get there. So I will leave it at that and report back later.

No comments: