Thursday, August 30, 2007

T Minus two days and counting...

Slow day at work today. That makes waiting for this trip that much harder.

My brother doesn't think I can fit everything I need in the well over 100 liters of Cargo room I have without strapping stuff on outside the bags. I'm thinking since we're not camping I could probably leave the top box behind and go with just the 2 side bags (35 liters each) and the tank bag. I won't though. I'm planning on having room in the top box to secure the (magnetic) tank bag at stops. Plus it's just too handy for all the stuff you want quick access to. I only need to pack for 6 days as opposed to his 8 but still, how much stuff do I need?

I figure socks and shirts for 6 days. 1 pair of jeans, 1 extra pair of cargo shorts, 1 hoodie, toiletries, street shoes, my LDComforts are designed to wash in the sink at night so they are quick drying but I will be packing some extra underwear just in case. Other than that I'll just have the stuff I normally have on my bike anyway: Camera, Compressor, Tire Plugs, Extra Gloves, Extra Eye Protection, Rain Gear, Maps, Cell Phone, First Aid Kit, Tools, Towel, Rags, Batteries, Zip Ties, Duct Tape, Electrical Tape, etc. etc.

If something can go wrong, it will, (Murphy). So it's best to be prepared. I think I'm as well prepared as I can be (short of having a chase vehicle with a full shop). I wish I was leaving already.

Since I know that's not going to happen I'll wish for a busy two more days at work so the time will fly by a little faster.

2 comments:

__ said...

Not any faster than it is already...I still have to change the oil and I saw tonight that my safety inspection has expired... so I have to do that on Friday as well... and put the windshield on (4 minutes) and pack.

And I'm 9 days on the road by the way... and you're only 7. So you might want to throw a few more changes of clothes into those cavernous bags of yours.

fx4mitch said...

I think you both are out of your minds. That being said, I am a little bit jealous and do wish I was able to go with you. I hope we do not have a re-enactment of last years happenings.....oh, thats right....I am not going. Oh well....have fun anyway.

Mitch